Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Feeling Thankful

Today's post is brought to you by Julie Schwartzbauer.

It only makes sense that our next post be related to being thankful.  Of course, there are so many things that I am thankful for; my health, my family and my friends.  When I think of my career, there is one person whom which I am quite thankful for.  This person is not only my boss, but my friend.  

I met her about 5 years ago when I enrolled in the Reading Recovery program.  She was my teacher leader.  I was fortunate enough to have an office right next door to her.  I am not sure if she was feeling as fortunate.  I always had questions for her and her door was always open. 

During my year of training I developed a very high level of respect for Linda.  I was in awe of all of the knowledge she held.  In that one year, Linda taught me more about how to work with struggling readers than all of the years I spent in college.  When she left my previous district, I followed her to Appleton.  I think I would follow her anywhere.  She inspires me to learn more.  I only can hope that someday I will be able to hold even half the amount of knowledge she has.  


Thank you Linda. Kuhaupt.  I am thankful you are my mentor and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Your comment will appear after approval by this blog's editor.