Welcome, Friends and Colleagues.
You've found The Literacy Booth, a blog by Wisconsin educators working as literacy coaches. Posts feature honest reflection, learning, and knowledge about both literacy and coaching.
I (Barb Novak) moderate the blog. I handle technical things and occasionally share my thinking. The real work and thinking, though, comes from the literacy coaches pictured above who bravely and honestly write about their practice.
Here's how it works (generally):
You can visit the blog regularly to read posts. You could also sign up for email updates using the link in the right sidebar. You can read every post, or you can use the tags in the right sidebar to read posts from coaches doing work similar to yours.
Meet the Coaches:
- Andrea Reichenberger: District Literacy Coordinator (4K-12), Ashwaubenon
- Barb Novak: Literacy Consultant, Wisconsin DPI
- Carrie Sand: Literacy Specialist, Mishicot
- Diane Jenquin: Sevastopol
- Heather Zimmerman: Literacy Coach, Middle School, Oshkosh
- Jaimie Howe: Intervention Specialist, Menomonie
- Julie Schwarzbauer: K - 2 District Literacy Coach, Appleton
- Lisa Weiss: Secondary (6-12) Literacy Coordinator, Oshkosh
- Maggie Schumacher: Literacy Coach/Reading Specialist, Middle School, Baraboo
- Meghan Retallick: Literacy Coach/Reading Specialist, primarily grades 4-12, Rhinelander
- Sharon Seely: Instructional Coach, K - 5, Tomah