Friday, February 26, 2016

Kindness - It's Not Just for Others

Artful quote from Alexandra Nelson's Instagram. Ali offers a monthly subscription of hand-drawn inspiration directly sent to your real mailbox.

I'm ending my week with an impossible list of things that still need to be accomplished and feeling a whole lot like I didn't do enough this week. I'm working hard to be kind to myself about everything I didn't get to - trying to practice some self love and self kindness.

To re-focus myself, I'm taking a few minutes to write a different kind of list this Friday:

Positive Things I Did for Myself This Week
  • Went to yoga
  • Found a mantra to focus on each time a certain stressful thing enters my mind
  • Drank no soda
  • Took a few vacation hours
  • Recognized my limits in a social situation

Every day, extend yourself the same kindness and patience and positivity that you reserve for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Your comment will appear after approval by this blog's editor.